Sunday, May 27, 2012

Dreams vs Reality

















I am occasionally caught in between my dreams of what I think my life can be and the reality of what I see when I look in the mirror. It is tempting to slide into the abyss of hopelessness that one feels when what they hoped for is not manifesting itself- no matter how much sweat and intellectual exercise has been expended.


I believe in the power of mantras to help me create my life. Some people call such words affirmations or prayers. Really all a mantra is, is a circle of words repeated over and over. The tricky thing about a mantra is that it can be a positive thing or a negative thing. Used in a positive way, mantras can help one stay in the moment and listen to the Spirit calling and guiding one's life. Used in a negative way, a self denegrating phrase repeated over and over again can become one's reality.





"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight,
and his punishment is that he sees the dawn
before the rest of the world."
--Ocsar Wilde



"Isn't it the moment of most profound doubt that gives birth to new certainties? Perhaps hopelessness is the very soil that nourishes human hope, perhaps one could never find sense in life without first experiencing its absurdity."
--Vaclav Havel






No comments:

Post a Comment