Sunday, March 25, 2012

Letting It Out



We live in a scary time.
Maybe the world has always been scary for those living in it but it seems like people feel especially vulnerable right now...and not in a good Brené Brown way.


I think the human tendency is to withdraw into the security of walled emotions and anonymous safety when times are challenging. It makes a lot of sense logically. Yet, in the realm of connectedness, it is the opposite of what we need to do to change the world. When we act as though what we do makes a difference, we act differently...and what we do makes a difference.


Each of us has great ideas and inspirational stories within us. Take all of your giftedness and use it to begin to change the world in which you live. All that it takes for disconnection and an agenda of fear to thrive is for good people to begin think they do not matter and quit contributing. Let the good that is in you fill you up and spill out so that the world can be the fertile place we all need to survive and thrive.




How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. 
~Anne Frank




I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. 
~Edward Everett Hale




If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one. ~Mother Teresa




Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking "What's in it for me?" 
~Brian Tracy


No comments:

Post a Comment